Who Qualifies for Coverage?
The following individuals may qualify for Medicaid coverage in Ohio:
Children and Families:
- Children up to 19 years old
- Parents or caretaker relatives of children up to 19 years old
- Some 19 and 20 year olds
- Adults up to age 64 living at or below 138% FPL
- Pregnant women
- Some women with breast and/or cervical cancer
Older Adults and Individuals with Disabilities:
- Adults aged 65 and older
- People with disabilities, including blindness as determined under the Social Security rules
Refugees and Immigrants:
Some immigrants may be eligible for Medicaid
There are some programs to help immigrants who are not eligible for Medicaid. Learn more here.
To be eligibile for coverage, you must:
- Be a United States Citizen or meet Medicaid citizenship requirements. Your local county Job and Family Services office can help to explain these requirements and can help get you enrolled.
- Have or get a Social Security number.
- Be an Ohio resident.
- Meet certain financial requirements. Learn more about Ohio's financial requirements or read the Federal Poverty Guidelines.